Compiling the technical folders for the selected novel compounds will require the collection of substance specific data. Data to be collected will include:
- Information regarding the formal (i.e., binomial, chemical), common, and slang/street name(s) of the substance;
- Basic chemistry and information on the substance's possible chemical precursors;
- Pharmaceutical characteristics and appearance (i.e., shape, dimensions, colour, weight, logo) - this will include images of the substance (pant, commercial product etc) and video/other media of the substance/substance being prepared for use/substance being consumed;
- Information regarding the historical, current, medicinal and/or recreational use/misue of the substance;
- Information regarding consumption (i.e., settings for, methods of etc);
- Desired psychoactive effects and any physical/medical side effects as well as psychological disturbances/fatalities associated with use;
- Acute and chronic toxicological and clinical toxicological data;
- Putative availability in European countries;
- Demographics of users/misusers;
- Sources of the substance, smuggling methods, distribution routes, and possible diversion from legitimate pharmaceutical supplies
- Public awareness and attitudes
The information for each substance will be verified by experts in the field and a technical folder will be produced.
Selected technical reports are now available for download. Note that we are still monitoring and collecting information on new emerging drugs and information will be made available when ready.